Earlier today I posted another finished quilt. In that post, I mentioned that I had made yet another baby quilt top, which meant my WIP list was still 15 items long.
So I decided I should quickly finish this new quilt. So now my Works in Progress list is only fourteen items! Aww yea, baby! It shrinks (slowly).
I like how this quilt turned out. I’ve had the owl print and coordinating blue in my stash for a while now. It was nice to finally turn them into something.
My favorite thing is that I was able to use this really ugly seafoam green solid I (don’t know why I ever) bought as the binding and it looks great. I wish I didn’t have so much of it left, but maybe I’ll keep making blue quilts until it’s gone.
It finished at approximately 38 x 46. That’s 1,728 square inches, which is greater that 1,600 square inches, which means I get to count it as a Large Quilt towards my 2016 goals.
Since this quilt top didn’t have blocks exactly, just patches, I counted the entire top as 1 block towards the 350 Block Challenge.
Having recently read both A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and A Study in Emerald by Neil Gaiman, I really wanted to call this quilt A Study in Sapphire. (The owl fabric got a little washed out in the picture. It has a light blue background, not white. The quilt is extremely blue.)
But the blues aren’t really jewel tone, so I went with Baby Blue Owls instead. Not as creative, but maybe A Study in Sapphire will happen in the future.
This quilt will be donated to the local chapter of Project Linus soon. The chapter coordinator said the local hospitals were asking for baby quilts. I’d like to knock out two more quilts if I can and drop them all off together. Baby quilts go together in a weekend, so I should be able to donate within the month.
Edit: Quilts for Project Linus have to be free of pet hair. As my cat was all over this one, and apparently washing a quilt doesn’t remove all hair, this quilt clearly isn’t pet-hair-free. This quilt can’t go to Project Linus. 😦